8AM - 5PM ET | 2PM - 11PM CET
8:00 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
Developing a Sustainable and Circular Alternative Material Product System
8:15 am How Can We Work Towards and Encourage a Fully Circular- Based System
- Alissa Baier-Lentz Co-Founder, Kintra Fibres
• Marrying the technical and biological cycles with materials design.
• Cross industry collaboration for effective systems change.
8:45 am Feedstock Utilization in Low-Carbon Products as a Resource Opportunity
- Sydney Gladman Chief Scientific Officer, Material Innovation Initiative
• Reviewing the opportunity of biomass wastes as an underutilized source of material for other industries.
• Utilizing biomass to also be used as a means of CO2 reduction.
9:15 am Natural Fiber Welding: Scaling an Eco-System of Comprehensively Sustainable Materials
- Luke Haverhals Founder & CEO, Natural Fiber Welding
9:45 am Morning Networking Break
Product Design and Development using Sustainable Alternative and Bio-Based Materials
10:15 am How to Stay Creative Whilst Remaining Eco-Conscious?
- Yotam Solomon Creative Director, Covalent Fashion
• How designers have utilized creativity alongside practicality in product creation, to remain creatively on trend and competitive within the guidelines of sustainability
10:45 am Creating ‘Design-Driven’ Materials for High Performance and Originality
- Aaron Nesser Co-founder & CEO, AlgiKnit
• How to create materials from the quality design-oriented perspective.
• Encouraging using naturally occurring biobased properties to the products advantage.
11:15 am Building Quality Design Concepts within a Time-Sensitive System
- Billy McCall Co-Founder, Kintra Fibers
• Ensuring concepts such as robustness and quality of manufacturing processes, and perceived value from consumers, are met and improved upon within a fast paced commercial setting.
• How to ensure time-pressures don’t result in reduced quality and sustainability factors.
11:45 am Networking Lunch
Looking Towards Sustainable Fiber and Polymer Use
12:45 pm Reduction of Environmental Footprint Associated to Conventional Fibre, Through Bio-Based Innovation and the Facilitation of Upcycling
- Shahriare Mahmood Director of Sustainability, Spinnova Ltd
• The sustainable innovation of Spinnova (chemical process free fiber production) and possibility of using different feedstock as raw material.
• The potential of the fiber to replace the conventional fibers (e.g. cotton) and reduce the environmental (water, carbon etc.) footprint associated.
• Recycling of Spinnova fiber in the same mechanical way.
1:15 pm Move to Natural, Icebreakers Journey Towards Plastic Free 23 Fibers
- Jordi BeneytoFerre Senior Manager of Global Innovation, Icebreaker
• Walk through the strategy and motivation which send Icebreaker on a quest to eliminate petro-chemical synthetics from its performance apparel range.
• Role that bio-based solutions played in our plastic free strategy struggles and successes.
• The future of natural performance fibers.
1:45 pm Bio-Based Technology as an Alternative to Petroleum-Based Materials and Encouragement of Biodegradability
- Kenji Higashi Head of Business Development & Sustainability, Spiber
2:15 pm Cultivating Quality at Scale
- Ingvar Helgason Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, VitroLabs
2:45 pm Afternoon Networking Break
How do Bio-Based Materials Measure Up Out in the Real World
3:15 pm Talk Details to be Confirmed
- Charlotte Borst Innovation Associate, Fashion for Good
3:45 pm A Brand’s Journey Navigating the Next-Gen Materials Space
- Carolyn Swenson Senior Materials Manager, Reformation
4:15 pm Why the Perfect Biomaterial Doesn’t Exist (Yet)?
- Dr Amy Congdon Head of Design Intelligence, Biofabricate