Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Tuesday | March 30, 2021
Climate Solutions Workshop
10AM EST | 3PM CET
Join Isaac for an interactive virtual climate workshop exploring the connections between material, agriculture, and energy-based climate solutions. In the workshop, participants will propose climate solutions such as energy efficiency, carbon pricing, fossil fuel taxes, reducing deforestation, and carbon dioxide removal. We will test these approaches against different scenarios to find an effective pathway to meet the UN Paris Agreement target of 1.5 C to 2.0 C global warming by 2100.
The workshop uses the En-ROADS model developed by MIT and Climate Interactive to visualize global temperature, energy systems, and land use. We will also explore how to engage personally and locally with global-scale climate solutions. Join us to create your own climate future using grounded conversations. The experience is hopeful, scientifically-grounded, action-oriented, and eye-opening.
Principal Consultant & Founder
Informed Sustainability Consulting
Scalability & Commercialization of Next-Generation Bio-Based Alternative Materials
1PM EST | 6PM CET
How can bio-based alternative textiles be commercialized at scale through next-generation technology and production processes?
In this interactive workshop we will explore:
- Reducing the price of raw materials to allow them to be more commercially viable
- The use of by-product waste streams in circular production
- Taking production to the next level with next-generation technologies
- Supply-chain innovation
- Understanding the commercial viability and how to incorporate materials into current/future product offerings
- Key case studies illustrating commercial success
Founder & CEO
Natural Fiber Welding
Mélanie Broyé Engelkes
Co-founder & Chief